Please apply to be a member here. Or download an application here. The first two sections of the application will become the profile you have on this website. The application must be approved and payment received before you will be included in the membership.
Regular members shall be individuals who are lawyers, financial professionals, or mental health professionals accepted based on their meeting the Maine Collaborative Law Alliance Minimum Standards and By‑Laws.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MCLA MEMBERS:
1. Professional license in State of Maine or equivalent in another state and in good standing with professional licensing, regulatory or certifying entity (Attorneys must have current Maine Bar license);
2. Adherence to and Support of the Maine Collaborative Law Alliance minimum standards for Collaborative Practice;
3. Support for the principles and guidelines of Collaborative Practice as may be from time to time promulgated by the board;
4. Completion of a minimum level of training and education in Collaborative Practice, such minimum level to be defined by the board from time to time;
5. A reputation of maintaining high ethical standards;
6. No disciplinary action against the applicant within the previous five years from any professional licensing, regulatory or certifying entity in any jurisdiction overseeing that member’s profession in any jurisdiction;
7. Payment of annual dues;
8. Compliance with continuing education standards to be defined by the board from time to time; and
9. Intent to be available to provide Collaborative Practice services.